Thursday, October 9, 2008

My Faith and Creativity

This past weekend I had the great privilege as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to watch and listen to the leaders of our church speak to us as they do twice every year in a conference. The Saturday before we had a chance of women of our church to have a special meeting dedicated to the needs and issues we have as women. President Dieter F. Uchtdorf who is the second counselor in the first presidency gave a wonderful talk titled Happiness, Your Heritage. I think of all the talks I heard the past couple of weeks this talk has stuck with me the most. He talked so much about creativity so I decided to post a couple of thoughts from this talk here on my craft blog (since this is a blog of mine dedicated to my creativity) I'm just going to post a couple of my favorite snippets from his talk.

Everyone can create. You don’t need money, position, or influence in order to create something of substance or beauty.
Remember that you are spirit daughters of the most creative Being in the universe
Your spirit body is a masterpiece, created with a beauty, function, and capacity beyond imagination
The bounds of creativity extend far beyond the limits of a canvas or a sheet of paper and do not require a brush, a pen, or the keys of a piano. Creation means bringing into existence something that did not exist before—colorful gardens, harmonious homes, family memories, flowing laughter.
As you take the normal opportunities of your daily life and create something of beauty and helpfulness, you improve not only the world around you but also the world within you.
True words of encouragement require only a loving and caring heart but may have an eternal impact on the life of those around you.
As spirit daughters of our Heavenly Father, happiness is your heritage.

No comments: