Sunday, August 24, 2008

Socks

As if you can't tell...

My main goal as a crafter is to be able to do all that I love, creativly, while still including my kids and making it fun for all of us.

I am trying to get things ready to sell all The Tattered Trunk Boutique (check it out!) coming up this November and have been having so much fun doing it. This past week I worked on these cute little socks my beautiful mother taught me how to do. This one is way too hard to explain. I think you need a mother/grandmother or friend to show you how! My grandmother always made these beautiful socks and I love keeping her memory alive by making beautiful things I know she would love.
To get Lacy involved this time I put some cheap big beads on sylcaone baking mat (so the beads would sit still and not roll all over the place) on a cookie sheet and some pipe cleaners and let her make some fun easy jewlrey. I love using pipe cleaners because the beads dont fall off- the fuzz keeps them on, and the wire makes it so your little one doesn't need a needle. We both had a lot of fun playing with beads making beautiful things.. and I got about 15 pairs of socks done!

3 comments:

Chantal said...

classic and so cute, grandma would have loved the buttons!

Unknown said...

how cute! i used to have socks like that when i was little!

Janelle said...

do you still sell these cut socks? if so how much? im in AZ you can check out my blog at
http://www.cavanagh4.blogspot.com/
or emil me at
janellec2003@yahoo.com

you have really cute ideas I love to be crafty!!